Wednesday, April 6, 2011


Yesterday was a fantastic day, despite the fact that I left my mobile phone at home when I left for the hospital and ended up making a mad dash home in the rain to collect it. After that, I had a long waiting time in between the 2 appointments because the first appointment with the haematologist was on time (surprisingly!!) and there was a delay with Dr Anu's appointment (appointment was scheduled at 2.30pm but I only managed to see her at 3.30pm). Ended up waiting over 3.5 hours before I got to see Dr Anu.


It was well worth the long and anxious wait when I eventually got to see my little bun. It has grown bigger since I last saw him/her and I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw the little heartbeat pumping steadily away. It is a wonderous feeling... Dr Anu suggested to do a cervical cerlage in a couple of weeks' time. I just finished reading up on the pros and cons of this procedure (which is basically a stitch to cinch the cervix shut). I am caught in a situation where it'd be better for me to have it done due to my previous history of mid/late trimester miscarriages, but then the risks involved seem equally scary (preterm labour, infections/ bleeding/ etc).


The procedure will require general anesthesia and a short stay at the hospital. I am terrified of the procedure and worried/ nervous about the outcome.






No comments: