Monday, April 25, 2011


Something that I did on Thursday caused me to hurt my lower back... it is an old 'injury' which I have had since I was a teenager and it only haunts me when I am careless with how I sit/ bend over to pick things/ stretch to take something, etc. The pain is pretty bad and I can barely get in and out of bed without assistance. Sitting down too fast also aggravates the problem. It actually started to subside gradually on Saturday, but on Sunday night, I sneezed twice while I was lying down in bed and oh my goodness, I felt that someone stabbed me on my lower spinal area. So yes, the pain is back again... worse than ever.

Other than being a pain in my back (literally and figuratively), it also makes doing simple daily chores a real hassle. I can't bend down to refill Hershey's water bowl, can't bend to put down/ pick up her food bowl, can't bend to pick up her poop... basically I am useless with anything that's on the floor. Sitting for too long is a no-no too. I guess it puts added pressure on the back, hence I may have to postpone my scheduled ironing today.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow cos I have 3 separate doctor appointments. One in the morning and two in the late afternoon... as fate would have it, my appointment to see Dr Anu is the last one. Hmmmph! I am usually very worried before these appointments, but somehow it is even more so this time. Just hope that everything goes swimmingly well with little bun.



No comments: