Saturday, April 9, 2011


I came across an interesting article in my favourite Australian magazine (which by the way, is getting too expensive). The first paragraph of the article really made me laugh... Apparently from MRI scans, the brains of expectant women shrink during pregnancy (fortunately it returns to the original size 6 months after birth). That's a good excuse that I can use on Mark for my 'selective memory'...

Honestly, if my doctor tells me that in exchange for a healthy pregnancy/ baby, my shrunken brain will never return to the original size, I'd be all up for it.

The other 2 points that caught my interest are basically just medical facts. Good to know that mortality rates for both mother and infants are lower than ever. I just wish I fall on the correct side of statistics henceforth.



No comments: