Thursday, March 10, 2011


Mark's brother's wedding is in another 9 days time and I seriously have not encountered a more laidback, slack, cannot be bothered groom with zero sense of urgency. All (99%) of the arrangements and preparations are done by family members. In the past week, my poor mother-in-law had called me numerous times to ask me about what should the color theme of the the dinner banquet be, what flowers should we use for the tablepieces, how many corsages to order, what flower/s should we use for the bridal bouquet (??), etc.

The bride's gown was crocheted by my mom-in-law. I have no idea how long she took to do it. My mom-in-law also crocheted a dress for me for my wedding too (although I looked f.a.t wearing it, I wore it to make her happy, and I knew she was very happy cos at the end of the dinner, she told me how pleased and flattered she was that I wore the dress). This time round, she crocheted a black one shoulder dress for me... perhaps she didn't want me to feel left out?? Ummm... I don't think I'll be wearing it, but I have not figured out a way to break the news to her **bites nails**... I think I will leave this to Mark!! Somehow someone needs to make her understand crocheted stuff are NOT flattering at all to women are... ummm... fuller figured.

My poor father-in-law had been tasked with liaising with the hotel rep. on the banquet arrangements, headcount and number of tables required, menu, hotel room rates, guest list, etc. Mark's long-suffering sister was roped in to deal with the sourcing and the eventual purchase and transportation of liquor and wines (from KL to JB), sourcing for and liaising with the emcee, etc. Mark was given the task of preparing the video montage, selecting 2 march-in songs and putting together a song album for the dinner. I made the box for the red packets as well as the wrist corsages for the bridesmaids (below). I'm pretty pleased by how they turned out...




So where did the groom fit in in all these activities??

No comments: