Sunday, August 28, 2011


Yesterday would have been my very first time voting for the President of Singapore (the 7th President in the history of SIngapore), but as chance would have it, I wasn't granted the permission to go by my 'big boss', aka Mark, who insisted that I should not be 'running around' unnecessarily. Dr Anu wrote me a letter plus gave me a medical certificate so that I can be exempted from voting (and not have to pay the reinstatement fee later on).

It's just as well that I didn't have to cast my vote cos I am torn on whom I should vote for out of the 4 candidates. Ok, actually I only have 2 of them on my shortlist, i.e. the 'first runner-up' and the one who eventually won (in order of preference). This is the only year that two national elections were held in one same year.. rather interesting. Although the candidate that I favour didn't win, the die is cast and the 'best man' in the eyes of most Singaporeans will be the next elected President of my tiny motherland.

No comments: