Saturday, August 20, 2011

Growth Scan


So happy and relieved that the results of little bun's growth scan are good i.e. all within the normal range. It's good to know that despite my lack of weight gain, little bun is growing normally. Dr Anu did tell me that little bun certainly will not be a big, chubby baby, but his/her size is definitely on target and she is happy with what the results. The level of my amniotic fluid is also in the 'average' range, and this really puts my mind at ease. I couldn't ask for anything better.

For the first time, we also discussed something that was somewhat of a taboo subject previously as we were both afraid of jinxing things, i.e. little bun's due date. Realistically, I have always known deep in my heart that I will never be able to make it to full term at 40 weeks due to my complicated medical history. Dr Anu also shared with me that for women with gestational diabetes, she recommends to have the baby delievered at 38 weeks at the very latest (assuming if I can even make it that far). Ok.. 38 weeks or 40 weeks make no difference to me at all as long as little bun is fine (frankly, I'd be soooo thankful if little bun and I can even make it safely to 36 weeks).

There's still a pretty long way to go till I reach 38 weeks. The longer I can keep little bun in me, the shorter the time little bun will have to spend in NICU and there'd be a very good chance that he/she will have lesser/no health complications.

No comments: