Monday, August 8, 2011


This is (sorta) my birthday gift this year --- Anti Embolism Stockings (also called Compression Stockings). Since I am told that I have to be on complete bed rest and plus the fact that I have Thrombophilia, the stockings will help to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Moreover, the risk of DVT is further increased during pregnancy, so I guess in my case, the risk is even higher.

Although I was told to wear the stockings at all times, it is really tough in this 35 degree celsius weather. The heat... the humidity... ohhh and the itch!! I am only wearing them at night when I have the air-conditioner on cos at least the coolness makes it more bearable. The stockings are really tight and someone (who else but Mark) has to wear and remove them for me. Usually he ends up in a sweat after helping me put them on.


I was 'admiring' my legs in this photo cos I thought they look quite slender... yup, I am really THAT bored. It reminded me of Dr Anu's comment about my legs while I was still lying on the hospital bed. She commented that my arms and legs are really slim, and before I could even begin to feel flattered, she added 'this is a classic PCOS symptom'. Sigh...



No comments: