Saturday, August 13, 2011


Little bun and I had our little 'date' yesterday! So happy to be able to see him/her again on the ultrasound monitor. It's been a long 2 weeks since I last saw little bun cos during the period when I was hospitalised, all I got was to listen to little bun's heartbeat. I was actually strapped on to this heart monitor which monitors little bun's heartbeat for the entire time after my surgery, and I was very comforted in knowing that my baby's heart is thumping away strongly. Mark didn't stay over with me on that first night, so that night was the special time for little bun and I!!

They measured my cervix (again) yesterday and it was at a decent 3.3cm. The last time they measured it was right before they put in the stitch for me on 02 Aug. According to Dr Anu, it had by then gone down to a dangerous 1.5cm! Therefore it's a good thing Dr Anu made the timely decision for the cervical cerclage because if we had waited any longer, it'd have shortened further and putting in a stitch would have been impossible.

Next week Dr Anu booked me in for a 'growth scan' for little bun. Not quite sure what it entails, but can only pray again for the best that little bun's growth and development remains on track despite my lack of weight gain (yup.. still not gaining weight!!!).

No comments: