Tuesday, August 16, 2011


Wish I have better news to share, but sadly not. I am fast becoming a pin cushion... this morning's appointment with the doctor at the Diabetic Clinic didn't go too well. Not that I am surprised cos since I have been monitoring my blood glucose level (BGL) at home, I can see a certain trending that's taking place. I notice that my BGL readings in the mornings have been slowly increasing... Initially it started off with a decent 4.8 to 5.1 kind of reading, which is well below the acceptable level of 5.5 (before meals), but in recent weeks, it's gone up to between 5.4 to 5.9 even though I haven't drank/eaten anything throughout the night. The doctor says that it could be a sign that my body is not breaking down glucose properly without the help of medication, hence the decision was made for me to start insulin injections every morning.

As the readings at the other times of the day are still within the acceptable threshold, I just have to continue with the oral medication. However, if they too show signs of increasing, then insulin would be necessary 3 times daily instead of just once. I am determined to keep it down as much as I possibly can because I am appalled/terrified at the thought of having to self-administer the injections! At least for now, I can get Mark to give me the injection before he leaves for work in the morning. I really don't see how he can come home everyday during lunch hour to help me with the injections should the need arise **knock on wood**.

Despite this little setback, I am still keeping my chin up. I will do anything for little bun's well-being, so as long as he/she is fine, I will grit my teeth and bear with it. All little bun and I need are a few more precious weeks before we reach the home run stretch where little bun will be 'safe'. I am keeping the faith...


~There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream~
Author Unknown

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

We are right here "keeping the faith" with you - and counting down the days !

Brooke
xo