Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last day of 2010


Ok this will be my last 'Christmas 2010' post cos I think I have gone on for long enough. To wrap things up, I'd like to introduce my Gingerbread family. Unfortunately I didn't make them because I am hopeless with baking, they are made by a friend (the same one who gave Mark his angel cufflinks).

These cookies were given to me before Christmas, but I have not eaten them because I simply couldn't bear to. The reason I can't bear to eat them is not only because they are cute, but because of what it symbolizes - Daddy, Mummy, Lucas and Chloe (we are short of the 'little one' because the friend doesn't know about my most recent loss last month). Anyway the 'family' is now stored in my freezer... I wonder how long I can preserve them for??




Below are some photos of what Mark and I got up to on Christmas Eve...


On this last day of 2010, I look back at the past 364 days and realize that I have not achieved anything other than the following (which aren't exactly 'accomplishments' by any normal person's standards) -
  • Quit the job I love after 10 years
  • Underwent through 4 cycles of fertility program
  • Gotten pregnant for all of 5 weeks before losing it

In this year, I have argued/fought with Mark for more times than I can remember in our 12 years together, but after each major fight, we realize just how much we love each other and why we are still together. I only hope that this love does not run out...

No comments: