Sunday, December 26, 2010


On the morning of Christmas Eve when I was putting up my post for that day (the one of the song by Karen Carpenter - Merry Christmas Darling), I was listening to the song on repeat mode. This is because the lyrics seemed to convey exactly how I had been feeling during the lead-up to Christmas and it also expresses my message to my Angels. Obviously this song had been around for ages... actually it was written in 1970, before I was born. Interestingly, I have only heard this song for the first time late last month, and from the moment I heard it, I fell in love with it.

As I was listening to the song and putting the post for that day together, I was actually in tears because I really miss Lucas and Chloe so very much and my heart was hurting like crazy. Special occasions and festive seasons are always the hardest time when the ones you love are no longer with you. I know it is totally irrational, but from the depths of my despair, I actually (again) asked my Angels for a sign that they are with us this Christmas.

Late that night when Mark and I were in the car on the way to a friend's house for the Christmas countdown, we heard this song being played on the radio!! Since it was Christmas Eve, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that radio stations play this song, but for the timing to be so perfect is somewhat beyond me... it was barely 5 minutes after we got into the car that we heard the song.

Once again, I don't know if this is purely a coincidence, but my initial disbelief (and more tears) eventually made way for a strange sense of calm and peace upon knowing that my Angels are with me on Christmas Eve. I am missing you dearly, my babies... thanks for letting mummy know that you are around.

No comments: