Tuesday, December 7, 2010


Some friends whom we have known since our Melbourne days are in town this week and we've invited them over to our place for dinner. It was supposed to be a barbeque, but because it'd been raining for the past couple of days, we decided to 'play it safe' and change it to a indoor affair instead. I have been busy since last evening preparing the 3 course dinner for 5 pax. The chicken tighs and lambchops have have been marinated since last night and I hope they turn out well. I just hope I won't f*ck it up too badly...

In between preparing the food for tonight and taking Hershey to the vet (ear infection), I also had to report to the hospital for more bloodwork. Mark accompanied me for my (hopefully) final HCG blood test today and we bumped into 'the object of my affection', Dr T!! Don't know why, but I seem to bump into him only when I am with Mark and never when I am alone. With that said, even if I bump into him when I am on my own, I don't think I'd have the guts to say anything beyond 'hi'. Apparently, he still recognised me and said 'hi'... and what did I do? I mumbled 'hello' and walked away! Duh... I could've taken the chance to start a small talk. Bummer... wanted to give myself a good kick.

I am still waiting for a call from Dr Anu to let me know what my HCG levels are... hope that they have gone down to zero so that I won't have to take anymore blood tests.

No comments: