Wednesday, June 16, 2010



Tomorrow is the 2nd year anniversary of the day we lost Lucas. Kind of amazed that it’s been 2 whole years since I faced the first major setback of my life… Clichéd as it may sound, it really seem like it only happened last week. I can still remember the emotions and the pain (yes, labour pains from miscarrying a 14 week old pregnancy should not be taken lightly too).



How do I say goodbye, when I didn't get to say hello?
I want so bad to keep you, why did I let you go?
I have so many dreams for you, and so much love I want to share
Now that you are gone, it is beyond what I can bear…


You're my firstborn, and I wanted you so much,
I never got to hold you, and it breaks my heart
The pain, the confusion and the helplessness that I feel inside
Feelings that I cannot explain, feelings I cannot describe


You'll be my sunshine in the day, and my brightest star at night
I whisper your name into the wind,
and imagine your footprints in the rustle of leaves
I was blessed to have you briefly, and then I had to let you go
I wish I knew the reason, but I guess I'll never know


No comments: