Friday, June 11, 2010


A client whom I've recently caught up with over dinner sent me an email after my recent trip. She said that after seeing/ talking to me, she's glad to see that I seem to have picked myself up and looking happy. However, she also said that she had a nagging feeling that I was masking my real feelings with a cheerful disposition. I was pretty surprised by her observation because while we have known each other for 5 years, we rarely get to meet up since we are based in different countries. Moreover, I have always tried to maintain our friendship at a 'professional' level because at the end of the day, she's still my client.

Interesting how someone who is not close to me could pick up on something that people whom I consider my nearest and dearest haven't noticed.

A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while
everyone else believes the smile on your face.

1 comment:

AllAboutJustice said...

Perhaps it is because you are more relax and have less expectation with people who are not in your circle of close friends and family; that gives them a chance to open up to you without reservation. Those close to you are worried about you and may not dare comment. Even if they did, it may not be what pleased your ears. I believe those close to you love you and would like to say things that please you. But sometimes, the more we try, the more mistakes we make, especially under stessed situation. Give you family and close friends a chance. The tougher it is for those to reach out to you, the more they love you. That's because they care about your feelings.