Monday, May 31, 2010

I Hate June!!!!


Today is the last day of May, tomorrow will be the 1st day of June... June is my least favourite month out of the twelve because I lost both Lucas and Chloe in the month of June. I think that's putting it mildly... to be honest, I hate June with a passion. It is the month where I experienced the most grief, heartache and despair. I am dreading the approach of June, and I can't help but wonder what bad thing will happen to me this June.

I do find it very hard to believe that it'll soon be 2 years since losing Lucas and 1 year since losing Chloe. I still clearly remember each and every minute detail of the day they were taken from me. The wound in my heart still hurts as badly as the day I lost them... I am learning to live with this pain that I know will be with me for the rest of my life.

A child who loses his/her parents is an orphan.
A husband who loses his wife is a widower.
A wife who loses her husband is a widow.
But there is no word for a parent who loses a child, for there is no word to describe such pain.

1 comment:

closet_schizo said...

To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself ~ Dr. Burton Grebin