Thursday, May 6, 2010

What makes a 'Mother'?


Something's been bothering me for a couple of weeks now, and it is becoming more intense as THE day draws closer. MOTHER'S DAY is in a few day's time, and I cannot help but wonder if I am entitled to this honour. Do I even qualify? I had dreams for both Lucas and Chloe, I did carry them in my womb (although for too short a time)... and I have loved/am loving/ always will love them with all my heart and soul. But is this enough?

I feel like a world class failure/ loser and seriously, I cannot hate myself more for not being able to do what any other normal woman can do so effortlessly. I cannot get pregnant without medical intervention, and I cannot even protect my babies even when they are inside my body.

If I can have one wish now, my wish would be to receive a card from Lucas and Chloe. Sadly, my wish will always remain as a unfulfilled dream.

No comments: