Saturday, September 24, 2011

'Second Week Anniversary'


It's Saturday again.. I've lost count of the days cos each day is no different from the last. I actually thought that yesterday was Thursday and Mark had to correct me. Mark and I are so grateful that we've managed to buy more time for little bun and so far, he/she has been very cooperative in what I'd like to think of as our first joint 'project' as a family.

The nurses at the ward are incredibly encouraging and supportive. Their 'niceness' have made this long stay in bed somewhat more bearable. Some of them will even pop in just to say 'hi' when they begin their shift even if they may not be assigned to take care of me. I've made a mental note to get them something (possibly a cake or cookies) when things have settled down. Oh and the nurses at the clinic where I got my IVIG infusions found out about my hospitalization and came to visit me too! They even bought me a cute teddy to cheer me up. On top of it, I also got a surprise visit from my hematologist (the one who takes care of my Thrombophilia and ensures my bloodwork is normal). I'm so touched by their little gesture... Normally this ward doesn't allow visitors other than the patient's husband but since they are staff here, I guess they have certain privileges!

I hope little bun knows SO many people care and are rooting for him/her. The big day could very well be next week once the cerclage is removed. The mixed feelings of excitement to finally meet the little person who has been growing inside me and who have been the sole purpose of my life for the past 8 months is heavily laced with worry for his/her health. As it is, I am already head over heels in love with this little person whom I've never met, and it makes me wonder how I can possibly find even more love in me to shower on little bun when we finally meet.

Ohh and for the record, Mark and I still haven't thought of possible names for little bun. No cot, no clothes, no stroller, no mittens and booties, no milk bottles, no name... Basically we still haven't prepared a single item for little bun. Hope this doesn't make us bad parents!! Poor baby, but Mark and I swore that we will make it up to him/her later on.

No comments: