Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 04


Last evening was very 'eventful' and we had a close shave. Contractions got pretty bad in the evening and progressively worsened. The dosage of the medicine that they gave me to control the contractions was increased steadily from 2ml in the late afternoon to 15ml (maximum dose) by midnight. I've been on that drug for 4 whole days now and it's a matter of time before the doctors decided to stop it since it is not good for me to be on it for too long. Side effects are heart palpitations and shivering. Since Saturday, my heartbeats per minute averages between 110-120. I'm thankful that my heart hasn't given up on me like how the rest of my organs have. It's still bearing the onslaught of drugs that's been pumped steadily into my body rather well.

The good thing to note is that this drug only affects the mother and not the baby, so in a way, we've so far given little bun another 4 precious days in my womb. If the doctors don't call halt, I'd be more than happy to continue on with it for as long as I possibly can to give little bun more time inside me.

Right now there's quite a lot to pray for: For my heart not to 'give up' on me; For my cervix to stay closed and unaffected by the contractions; For the contractions to taper down and disappear totally; For little bun to hang on inside the cosy warmth of my womb for yet a little while longer...

*** Dear God, please don't give up on me just yet... ***

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I hope everything is ok. I've been following your blog for a few months now... I lost my baby at 17 weeks and am hopeful you will get to bring your baby home this time. <3 Please keep posting..