Friday, September 9, 2011


During my last ultrasound scan, the sonographer pointed out to me little bun's exact position in my tummy. I was very surprised when she told me that little bun's legs are folded right under my left ribcage... I didn't expect little bun to be quite so big/long. No wonder I keep getting feelings of indigestion and heartburn.
His/her back is nestled on the right side of my tummy while the head is down (cephalic) and resting right above my cervix.

Several times when I am lying flat on my back with both palms on my tummy, I can feel a little elbow (or was it a knee??) pushing back against my palms. My tummy also contorts to odd shapes depending on little bun's movements. It's a joy to watch. Sometimes little bun will give a mighty kick and I can feel air being knocked out of my lungs. It's a very strange feeling and I savour every moment and every movement.

Unfortunately Mark is still extremely wary and squirmish about touching my tummy.. he's very worried about injuring little bun (??) and refuses to place any pressure at all on my tummy. I tried in vain to convince him otherwise but he just won't believe me. I think little bun is a cheeky one cos there had been a couple of times where he/she would give a kick just when Mark placed his hands on my tummy. Mark's reaction will be to draw his hands away as if he'd been scalded and then he'd jump back 10 feet. Heeheehee...

No comments: