Thursday, September 8, 2011

Egg-splosion


Woke up early so decided to boil some hard boiled eggs for Hershey's breakfast and for myself for my caesar salad lunch. I left the 3 eggs in the pot to boil while I ate my breakfast in the bedroom... Somehow, while watching the Martha Stewart show, I dozed off and totally forgot about the pot of eggs that were merrily cooking away. The pot of water dried out and then one thing led to another.

The next thing I knew was a deafening bang that roused me from my slumber. I still had no idea what it was until I went into the kitchen and saw the mess. There were eggs and shells EVERYWHERE. On the ceiling... on the floor.. between the louvers of my kitchen blinds... all over my stove and cooker hood... on the sides of my fridge.. you name it, egg is there. The smell was horrid too.. Yucks!!

I stood at the entrance of the kitchen with Hershey and stared at the mess for a good 10 seconds before cursing myself under my breath. Couldn't believe just how dumb and careless I was. Good thing Hershey was with me in the rooom and not in the kitchen at that time. My poor girl was already so spooked by the loud 'bang' she refused to go into the kitchen for a long time.


Part of the ceiling that's been 'decorated' with eggs.


Tried cleaning up the mess on my own but raised the white flag after 45min... I called my mom and sheepishly told her what happened. She came over immediately (I think she's worried that I'd attempt to climb up the ladder to clean the ceiling myself). For the record, the cleaning up process took over 5 hours. Until now, I can still find bits and pieces of those darn egg shells all over.

No comments: