Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 19


So what are the odds of something like this happening? I've been doing well enough to be sent off to the normal ward (was previously holed up in the delivery suite for the past 2 weeks in case I really go into full-blown labour). Anyway, the bed that they sent me to is that EXACT SAME one that I was put in 2.5 years ago when I had Chloe!! It's a huge ward with many beds, but as fate would have it, I've been assigned the very same one. It certainly did bring back a lot of sad memories. Lying at the same spot looking up at the same ceiling with another baby inside my womb certainly did feel strange.

The doctor just came by on his round and told me he's very happy with my progress and that little bun seems to have changed his/her mind about arriving anytime soon. It appears that all our prayers and little chats that Mark and I had been having with little bun is working. Actually Mark's 'conversation' with little bun only comprises of one word - 'Wait'. Hope that little bun continues to be a good baby and waits a little bit longer before greeting the world.

Today is already my 19th day in hospital... 19 blessed days. So far my bill has reached around S$15k. Very scary, I know, but Mark and I promised little bun when we first found out I was pregnant that we will do everything within our means to protect him/her.

No comments: