Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ovulation Part I --- Feb 2010


The test results of my home ovulation kit yesterday indicated that I should be ovulating in the 'next 24-36 hours'. It took longer than I'd initially expected to reach ovulation as I'd expected it to happen over the weekend.

The test (T) line is above and the below line is the control (C) line. Prior to ovulation, a hormorne called 'luteinizing hormorne' (LH) is released by the body and the test picks out the presence of this hormone in the urine. When there is a surge in LH, the T line will appear as dark as, or darker than the C line, which is what happened in my case.

This is my 4th test stick out of a pack of 5, and I was begining to worry that I'd run out of them before I ovulate. (I also want to add that they are pretty expensive!!) And thankfully this happens before my business trip in a few day's time or else this would have been a 'wasted cycle'.

With this, I have a 25% chance of conceiving this month... I am not putting in too much hopes into it least I get disappointed again, but this is at least one step towards the 'goal'.



No comments: