Wednesday, February 17, 2010

早生贵子


Mark and I called his grandmother and 2 aunties to wish them 'Happy New Year' on the first day of the Chinese New Year... As I'd expected (and dreaded), his grandmother wished me '早生贵子' (literally translates into 'be blessed with a son') for the 3rd consecutive year. I responded by saying that I hope her wish comes true. Geez, I have 'deprived' this poor old lady of her 2 'highly prized great-grandkids (ok perhaps this only applies to Lucas cos Mark and I are sure that with her very traditional thinking, she would want a grandson to carry on the family name).

I do wish I could have told her that I have given her 2 Angels instead, but decided against it because I seriously doubt she'll understand or appreciate what I say. Well, for her sake and for mine, I hope I will be able to give her the grandchild she so badly wants. Hopefully I will stop giving her false hopes and more disappointments...

The annex weekend went by too quickly... I think it'll be a long time before another extended weekend comes our way . Mark and I spent most of the time together over the past 4 days and naturally, we irritated the shit out of each other at one time or another. But now that he's gone back to work today, I am already missing him like mad. It'll be another 2 hours till I see him...

No comments: