Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lucas's Treasure Chest


This was the previous 'Treasure Chest' for Lucas before I made the new matching one wih Chloe. When I first put together his first Treasure Chest, never in a million years would I have expected that I'd lose another baby in a year's time... and never would I have ever thought that I'd have 2 Treasure Chests (please God, 2 is more than my heart can cope with... I do not need to make any more Treasure Chests...).

Little Lucas's first 'Treasure Chest' was actually a basket from the flowers that I received when I was in hospital after I lost him. I thought it was too pretty to be thrown out after the flowers had withered, so I decided on a better purpose for it.


Contents:
  1. The pregnancy kit with the big fat '+' sign.

  2. These blue baby booties were given by a friend who just gave birth to a baby boy when I was thinking of how to break the good news to Mark on 07 April 2008. Eventually, we put them into a box, wrapped it up and gave them to Mark after he came back from a business trip. When he unwrapped the box and saw the booties, confusion clouded his face, but as it slowly dawned on him, the look on his face was replaced by a disbelief and then widest grin imaginable.

  3. The early scans of my precious little Lucas... The one in the center was done towards the 13 week mark and he already took shape. I still cry whenever I see that scan because he was so perfectly formed and I love his little rounded tummy.

  4. The results of the scans and tests that were done during the 14 weeks he was with us. The scroll that is tied with a ribbon was a poem that I wrote for him, and that ribbon was from his daddy and mummy's wedding day.

  5. All the cards that we received from friends after we lost him.

This mummy is missing her little boy (and girl)...





No comments: