Friday, November 25, 2011

Lucky Bun


Have been busy preparing for little bun's (belated) full month celebration aka baby shower this Sunday. It was supposed to be last weekend but Mark's sister's flights were already booked for this week, hence we delayed it for a week. We were initially planning to keep it small and restricted to family and very close friends, but somehow we ended up with a guest list of over **ahem** 70pax (and this is after numerous rounds of trimming down the list). Family members only account for less than a third of the total headcount!! Being the recluse and hermits we are, Mark and I have more 'close friends' than we thought, which is a rather good thing!!

The only regret I have is I cannot invite my 'doggie friends' (who are all based overseas). There are sooooo many of them whom I'd love to meet in person and give a big hug to cos although we are miles apart, they have given me a lot of encouragement and support through my years of pregnancy losses, infertility and subsequent successful pregnancy. Many of them even sent presents to little bun ever since his arrival a month ago. I feel truly feel blessed to know this lovely group of people (and their dogs), their friendship and kindness to me is humbling. People always say you have to beware of who you meet on the internet, but for me, this particular group of people have proven this warning wrong. They are folks whom I have never met (or even spoken to), but are a lot nicer than some of the 'friends' I have.

Some photos of little bun and the presents that he'd received from my friends overseas... he is one very lucky and pampered bun indeed!! (I have been advised there are even more presents that are on the way!!)


From my favourite country, Australia -
Brooke Lee (I hope you are reading this..)
Thank you, dear friend for 'walking' this journey with me.
Your friendship means a lot to Mark & I.

From Holland

From the US -
We were overwhelmed by the generosity of the sender..
The presents arrived in 2 HUGE boxes!!

From Scotland

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Of course I am reading :)

Love to you, Mark, and Little Bun ! Oh and the puppers too :)

Brooke