Monday, April 5, 2010

Taipei Day 01


So far this hasn't been one of my best days... Mark is alone at home sick and I am not there to take care of him. As it is, I already hate travelling and being away from Mark, him being sick makes it even worse for me. Then this morning the cab that I booked to take me to the airport arrived late, which gave me a mild panic attack because I was worried about missing my flight. Then while leaving the plane, I discovered that my laptop was not in the overhead compartment where I had left it. This gave me a major panic attack until I saw this guy in the front seat holding my bag. I asked him why he is holding my bag and he apologised explaining that he thought it belonged to his friend. To top it all off, when I collected my check-in bag, I found the lock damaged. It gave me another massive panic attack because I kept thinking what if someone opened my bag and took my things (not that I have any valuables, but I need to wear clothes for the next few days right?) Oh and what if the lock is jammed and the bag cannot be opened?? Anyway, I somehow managed to remove the lock without too much trouble and the things inside are well, still inside. Including the 3 boxes of chocolates that I got for my Taiwanese colleages.

It's not even the end of the day yet, so I hope the rest of the evening/ night will be better. Going out with my colleague for some shopping (Yipee... this has to be good right??) and dinner.

Only Day 01 and I am already slightly homesick.

No comments: