Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday to Hershey


My little 'puppy', Hershey, turns 2 today. I was looking back at all the past photos of her and felt somewhat wistful. The main reason why she came into our lives is because after we lost Lucas in June 2008, Mark thought that having a puppy will keep me occupied and cheer me up. He brought home Hershey as my birthday present in August that year, slightly more than a month after we lost Lucas. Well he has certainly met his objective because Hershey had been keeping me (very) busy ever since.

Hershey has gone through a lot with me ever since she came home. She helped me through the dark period when I was grieving for Lucas, and then she shared in our joy when we found oout that we were expecting Chloe. She was Chloe's 'guardian angel' and would gently rest her head on my swelling tummy.





Below are the photos that we took on her first birthday last year. It was a really happy time for me then because I was about 10 weeks pregnant with Chloe, and I felt that my life was (almost) close to perfection. I say 'almost' because how could our lives be perfect without Lucas?

These are treasured photos of the happier times in my life, something that I'll always look at with tears brimming in my eyes and a bittersweet smile on my face.





Happy 2nd Birthday to my little furry, black and white girl. Thank you for always making me laugh with your crazy antics and the funny 'dove-like' sounds that you make... for those extra sweet moments where you'd come up to me for a quick snuggle/ kissing session... for being with us through all the highs and lows of our lives... for letting Chloe listen to how a dog's bark sounded like while she was in my tummy... and last but not least, for your devotion and the unwavering love that I see in your pretty brown eyes.

Wishing you a long, happy and healthy life with us.

No comments: