Friday, April 30, 2010

I Heard a Rumour...


I heard a rumour through the office grapevine that greatly upsetted me... A colleague recently vacated a room in the office and according to the grapevine rumour, I am hankering after the room and doing all I can to stake claims on it!! It's a load of crap because I can work from home anytime I want, so what would I want to have an office for?? Honestly this thought had never even come across my mind... It is so completely untrue and I feel so wronged and dearly wish that I can confront the perpetrator and give her a piece of my mind. Unfortunately I cannot do so because it'd get the person who told me about it into trouble.

I have only been going into the office rather frequently in the last two weeks because I had meetings to attend, but after this, I think I am going to avoid going into the office wherever possible. Simply hate all these unproductive (and untrue) corridor talk. The person who came up with this lie simply didn't use her brains, but I guess I am not surprised because with her kind of calibre, I guess that's the best she could conjure up.

I wish I can drill into her pretty little empty head that it is no longer my priority to climb up the corporate ladder. I am no longer ambitious and my priorities have changed. I am only here to work and deliver what is due from me; nothing more, nothing less. My one and only priority now is to get pregnant and give Mark and I a healthy baby as soon as possible.

I really dislike all the politics, backstabbing and gossips that is becoming increasingly rampant in the office. Another reason why I should leave this place pronto??

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

I know what you mean Shane - that is why I abandoned an office environment full of females and ended up "on the road", dealing with mostly males everyday.

Female gossip is vile !

brooke
xo