Friday, April 23, 2010


Good thing I got home from Taipei last night... I had really bad abdominal cramps and diarrhea because I GOT MY FREAKING PERIOD. It is 2 days late, but I guess it is still considered to be 'on schedule'. I know I shouldn't feel upset or disappointed since my ovulation date was all wonky this month, and in fact, I should be glad (??) that it came without the need to take the medicine that the doctor had prescribed in case it didn't come.

The pain and constant need to go to the toilet kept me (and poor Mark) awake during the wee hours. It is pretty rare for me to get such bad cramps, so it kind of took me by surprise. I sure am glad I am not alone in a foreign country lying in the hotel bed writhing in pain . At least I had Mark's hand to hold and a few conforting grunts from my half-asleep husband.

So this marks the begining of a brand new cycle (and the end of the failed previous cycle). I am hoping that the increased dosage of Clomid (i.e. my fertility medication) will give me what I long for.

No comments: