Saturday, April 3, 2010


An ex-colleague in Hong Kong have birth to her first child, a little girl, last weekend. Saw the baby pics on Facebook and her baby's got the prettiest rosebud lips I have seen. I think she'll grow up to be a real looker next time. Got her a card and present from Mothercare... this is the first time I have stepped into Mothercare in the past 10 months.

The last time I was in a Mothercare shop, I was happily pregnant and buying maternity clothes baby things for Chloe. If I am not wrong, the last thing I have bought there for Chloe is a set of pink bibs, which were eventually cremated along with her.

Stepping into Mothercare again brought back a wave of emotions. If I still had Chloe, I'd have been there buying all those cute, pretty outfits for my princess.

How I wish I am there to buy things for MY baby instead of other people's babies. How I wish I'd be on the receiving end of baby gifts and cards instead of always being the sender. It'd be nice if the card says 'To Mark and Shane' instead of 'From Mark and Shane'. How wonderful and perfect that'd be...

No comments: