Thursday, September 12, 2013

Melbourne 2013 - Day 9


We woke up bright and early cos we wanted to make full use of whatever time we have left in Melbourne. We had originally intended to go to Victoria Market for some last minute shopping, but little bun had other plans. When we walked pass the playground that we took him to a couple of days back, he pointed to it and looked at us with beseeching eyes while mumbling 'Go'. His ever so dutiful parents promptly gave into his request and off to the playground we went. 


I don't who where he learnt all his cheeky expressions from!! I am always ever so prim and proper, so I can only guess it is from Mark..


Wheeeeeeee............

Little bun: "Daddy, I don't want to get out!!"



Eventually we succeed on leaving the playground (fortunately no tantrums) and went for an early lunch with a friend whom I have not met for more than 10 years and her partner. Mr Energizer Bun-nie fell asleep along the way.



After lunch, it was back to the apartment to pack up and check-out **sob sob**. Not too long ago, I was busily and happily unpacking those bags when we arrived.. Doing the reverse made me sad, but at the same time, I was missing Ayden real badly and was looking forward to holding him in my arms.


Little bun 'helping' to make sure we have all our bags


Goodbye, Melbourne!
We will be back hopefully the same time next year along with Ayden!



Someone dozed off before the flight taxied out of the gate!!


Overall a fantastic vacation.. we had quality family time without worrying about work, housework and other mundane day to day things. It is also long-awaited trip back to our favorite city for Mark and I. We went there as wide-eyed teenagers, left as fresh graduates ready to take on the world and now back as parents to 2 amazing boys. Life feels complete. 


No comments: