Tuesday, March 27, 2012


Ok so it happened again... in one of my
blog posts in Nov 09, I shared my musical encounters in the lift at my apartment complex. In a nutshell, I heard music coming from the lift/lift shaft which on normal days is always silent (exept the 'beep' when the lift doors are closing).

Late one night when little bun was fast asleep, Mark and I sat in the dining room discussing his dad's recent health problem. It was already close to midnight and as we were preparing to go back into the bedroom, I heard the faint notes of 'Oh my darling, Clementine' coming from outside the house! (Previously it was 'Hush Little Baby'.) I ran to check it out and it came from the direction of the lift, but there was no one there! The lift only serves 10 units in my block, so it is quite under-used.

I looked at Mark to see if he had heard it as well (just in case it was my weary mind playing tricks on me), and he heard it too! The music lasted only for a few seconds before fading away. The whole enounter lasted no more than 10 seconds.

I am more baffled than ever... Is it a 'techinical glitch' or something deeper than that?

No comments: