Friday, March 30, 2012


I will be going back to working life next week after being away for exactly 1.5 years. This has been the MOST fruitful and rewarding 1.5 years of my life and I cannot believe I will be closing this chapter in a few day's time. I will no longer be able to declare myself as a 'homemaker' on those survey questionnaires. I will no longer be able to wake up at 8am and take the day leisurely at my own pace. I will no longer be able to spend all my time with my little sidekick beside me.

Much as I'd love to be a stay at home mom and spend time watching my little bun grow, I have to do my part for the family financially since Mark had been shouldering the burden and been the sole breadwinner for the past 18 months. Moreover, I know how important it is for us to get back on our feet where our finances are concerned because we have spent A LOT on my medical bills. I also want to start saving up for little bun so that we can
provide the best for him. There's never going to be a win-win situation.. something's got to give. Moreover, if I ever plan to venture down the path of having another baby, we need to have a healthy savings for that.

I will be going back to my ex-company.. Yes, it is a miracle that my ex-boss is still so keen to have me back despite how I dropped the ball and left the job so suddenly. My ex-boss is a brave man. It is very flattering that he still hasn't given up on me and I hope I won't disappoint him (the keyword here is 'hope'. I have warned Mark not to be surprise to find me at home on a work day and me insisting that I will not leave the house without my little bun! LOL! Don't think he saw any humour in that though..). My ex-boss (soon to be future boss) had been very accommodating by allowing me to state my terms. I requested to work part time.. only on Tue, Wed and Thur so that I can spend 4 days every week with little bun.

So this is it... I will be starting work coming Tue. I have been a bag of emotions this week.. after a 1.5 years hiatus, I don't know where I stand now and if I will be able to hit the ground running. Will I be able to cope again with people's expectations, the stress, workload, office politics, client demands, long hours, conference calls and **gasp** travelling? Will I be able to be apart from my little bun for 9 long hours? (I am already devising ways which I can sneak back home during lunch time.. this will have to include travelling time to and fro, eating, expressing milk and most importantly, cuddle time with my little man).



No comments: