Thursday, October 21, 2010


To my darling husband, the daddy of my 2 precious Angels -

I confess that I forgot to get a card for you (and it's a good thing you forgot to get one for me too or else you'll never let me live with it)... Since it's too late to get you a card now, I decided to do something different this year and write to you via our Angels' blog.

Happy 7th Year Anniversary to you... I find it very hard to believe I have been 'Mrs Lee' for 7 long years. While I am still getting used to people addressing me as 'Mrs Lee', I admit that I like the sound of it a lot. I really hope that this Mrs Lee will be able to give Mr Lee a Master and/or Miss Lee somewhere in the not to distant future.

The last 7 years have been full of ups and downs, to say the least. We have both gained and lost a lot in the last 7 years; namely gain in weight (mainly for me) and loss of hair (ok, this is for you). The 'highlight' of course is the gain and subsequent loss of our 2 babies.

I want you to know that I am looking forward to many more years together with you, and I will treasure each and every moment we have together. I will also promise you that I will take this time to 'find myself' and give you back the old Shane that you once knew. I know I have held you back in your career path, and have been the 'stumbling block' in your life for the last 2 years.

Thank you for giving me 2 very precious Angels, for loving me, standing by me, putting up with my nonsense, understanding me when no one else does, for being my 'protector' in every aspect imaginable and last but definitely most importantly, for making me laugh. Till this day, whenever anyone asks me how I knew you were 'the one', I am still sticking to the same answer like all those years ago, i.e. You are the only one who can make me laugh with wild abandon, cheer me up whenever I am down and even manage to draw a smile from me when I am crying.

Here's a short trip down memory lane. I truly miss those carefree times we had in Melbourne.

The place where we first met - Victoria Hall, Melbourne



One of the very first photos we took
(in matching pyjamas, no less, the pants courtesy of your grandma)


Taken on my 24th birthday



Taken in March 2003 when I went to visit you in Melbourne to celebrate our 5th year of dating



Loving you today and always,

Mrs Lee

No comments: