Thursday, October 28, 2010

Missing my Hershey


I find it so incredibly ironic that of all days, today is my ovulation day and this is also the day that we have made prior arrangements to send Hershey to the vet to be spayed!!! Here I am trying to conceive, and at the same time, I have sent my female dog to lose her ovaries and uterus. If karma really does exists, it'd take more than a miracle for me to get pregnant with this cycle.

We can't pick Hershey up from the vet until 7pm tonight, and I have been controlling the urge to call them up every other hour to check on how she is. I am fully aware that spaying is a routine surgery for the vets, but as with all surgeries, it must carry some risk... moreover, the internet says that spaying is considered a major surgery cos it is invasive. In an attempt to try and reassure her, I have brought the t-shirt which Mark wore last night and told the nurse to put it into her crate. Not sure if it'd even help, but at least I tried.

The house feels awfully quiet (and clean) without Hershey here... There isn't any sudden loud barking that scares the daylights out of me, no one trying to jump at the TV, no one blocking me when I am watching TV, no one trying to get me to play by bringing me her really stinky tug toy, no one following me around the house like a shadow, no one resting her head on my lap and looking at me with soulful eyes when I use the bathroom (yes, she does this all the time)... I took the chance of her absence to vacumn the whole house this morning, and now the floor is squeaky clean without any fur and drool. Somehow it just does not feel the same.

Mark and I are contemplating if we should BOTH sleep on the floor with her tonight since she is not allowed to jump on or off any furniture while her wound is healing. Can't wait to see her and bring her home.


1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

We are getting Benson done on Wednesday - and I am not looking forward to it :(

Brooke
xo