Sunday, October 10, 2010

BBQ Pork Buns...


So, I have been hearing and reading in the media that 10 October 2010 (10/10/10) is an lucky day. How 'lucky' can it be (for me at least) if my period came today??!!! This means I have wasted yet another month, yet another $1300 on treatments and medication, yet another month of dashed hopes... I think I have been disappointed so many times I am rather numb to that kind of pain now.

This morning Mark and I took my parents for a dim sum brunch at a local hotel. This place holds very special memories for me because Mark and I went there on many weekends when I was expecting Chloe. At that time, I (or perhaps it was Chloe??) was hopelessly addicted to their BBQ pork buns, so much so that I could eat 4 of those buns in one sitting, in addition to the standard bowl of congee, my favourite shrimp dumplings, pan fried turnip cake, glutinous rice wrapped in lotus leaf... I recall that Mark had a field day telling everyone about my '4 BBQ pork buns' story.



Somehow I am not so crazy about the BBQ pork buns anymore. They don't seem to taste the same as before and are not as good. Perhaps they tasted better when we went there with Chloe because at that point in time, our lives were moving in the right direction (or so we thought), so anything and everything tasted heavenly.

Now that my life has been turned topsy-turvy, there is a tinge of bitterness in everything that comes into my path.




No comments: