Friday, October 15, 2010

Resignation...


I did it at finally... Today I tendered my resignation with immediate notice, meaning today is officially my last day with a company whom I have been working in for almost 10 years. (To anyone who had said/ thought I'd never do it, I'd like to say 'up yours!'). I think I have reached breaking point and I know that I wouldn't be able to hold out any longer if I continue on. For the sake of my life and my sanity, there is no other recourse.

My boss, I couldn't have hoped for a better boss. He came over to the house to see if I was ok, and of course talk to me to tie up any loose ends. Ultimately, he was very understanding to my plight and told me if I ever needed a job in future, I could go to him. I just feel so guilty to give him additional problems and for being such a disappointment. I will miss working under him and I doubt I'd ever find a boss who'd be half as good and understanding as he is. Furthermore, I will miss my colleagues too... most of them I have worked with for a long time.

Don't know what the future holds for me (and Mark)... Financially, it'd definitely be an uphill struggle because we go from being a dual income household to a single income household overnight. Furthermore, fertility treatments will also have to be halted because of the expenses...

Overall, my life is in shambles and it will have to continue on like this for a while until I can 'find myself'. I am looking for inner peace and for what I really want in life.

No comments: