Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's a Barney Day!




I suppose most kids will go through this.. Little bun has suddenly discovered Barney and has fallen in love with the purple dinosaur almost overnight. We have been watching repeat episodes of Barney non-stop and now, Mark and I can sing most of the songs **wry grin**. 

While we were out yesterday, Mark took little bun while I went off alone to run my errands. Had a spur of the moment thought and decided to pop into Toys"R"Us. I wanted to give little bun a surprise by buying him a Barney toy since he didn't have any. Little did I know that Mark had the exact same idea. So yes, little bun ended up with not 1, but 2 Barneys. I bought a smaller version (seen in the pics above) while Mark went all the way out and bought him a huge one that is as just as big as little bun when he is sitting down. 

I commented to Mark that I cannot believe how we have both had the very same idea. Plus I should have known better, i.e. he would have gone and gotten him the toy and I should have informed him of my intention so we wouldn't end up getting 2 Barneys. Mark's reply to me was simple... he said that we both love little bun so much it just became an 'instinct' to give him everything he wanted. 

The look of sheer delight on little bun's face was priceless when we presented him with the Barneys! He recognized it immediately and reached out to grab and hug the stuffies. I had an 'awwwww' moment looking at my little boy cuddling the toy so contentedly. 

(Later in the day, I found out that little bun's doting aunt also bought him a Barney stuffie!! So yes, someone received THREE Barneys in a day!! He's spoiled rotten but I'd also like to think that he's being loved to the core as well). 





No comments: