Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wistful Wishful Thinking


When I first found out I was pregnant, I thought the timing of this baby couldn't come at a more perfect time.

- I had just quit my job and for once, I will truly be 'stress-free' and be able to take plenty of rest and lie in bed as much as I want.

- This baby would've been due on/ around Mark's birthday in mid July. What better present to give to Mark, right?

- I lost both Lucas and Chloe in the month of June, and June is officially my 'most hated' month of the year. Even if something happens again and I had to give birth prematurely come June next year, this baby would be viable outside my womb cos it'd be over 34 weeks old.

At first we were so happy because for once, we'd be celebrating this year's Christmas with a baby... the past 2 Christmases sucked and it was a very miserable time for us because we were missing our 2 Angels. We felt so empty... while other families are reveling in the festivities of the season, we were at home nursing our wounded hearts.

Nonetheless, this pregnancy, although very short, had given Mark and I almost 2 weeks of pure happiness. Mark told me that it serves to remind us of our goal, and of what we are fighting so hard for.

Who've have thought that this journey would end before it could even properly begin... it was all wistful, wishful thinking on my part.

No comments: