Monday, February 17, 2014



A friend posted this on her Facebook and I could immediately related to the text. 

I have ALWAYS hated my spare tyre ever since I was a teenager. I hated how I had nice, slim limbs but always carried excess fats around my middle. Until today, it is still giving me grief on a daily basis as I dress to go out/ to work.. I always have to find something to wear that doesn't make me appear like I am pregnant and have to make a conscious effort to suck in my tummy. Alternatively, I cover up with a shawl or cardigan. (Unfortunately, for majority of women with PCOS, this is a very typical problem..). My biggest fear is someone giving up his/her seat for me on the public transport thinking that I am preggers.. **God forbid!!**

The ONLY time in my life where I could wear figure-hugging clothes without feeling self conscious was when I was actually pregnant. Only then could I happily parade around with figure-hugging clothing. It really is not because I was a fat, pregnant person who couldn't afford bigger clothes or had a wardrobe malfunction and didn't have very good dress sense. It simply was because I was ecstatic I could finally look pregnant and actually was pregnant without feeling self-conscious.  

Anyway, after reading that, I started to see my spare tyre in a whole new different light. I still don't like the looks of it for sure, but I am grateful that it kept my 2 boys (and gave them ample cushy support) for over 9 months each. Oh yes, and without the 'fatty tyre', those tummy injections which I had daily during both pregnancies would have hurt a whole lot more too! 


No comments: