Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Little Bun's Birthday Cake


We finally placed our order for little bun's birthday cake.. I had been googling for bakery and got utterly lost and confused by the vast choices available in the market! I also wanted to find one that charges reasonably cos from my 'research', the going market rate for a 3kg to 4kg 2-tier cake was around S$350 and up! **gulp** I think that's way over my budget although I know Mark will gladly fork out the moolah.

Anyway, after weeks of research,  I came across an Italian restaurant cum bakery. When Mark and I tried out their cakes, they were to die for.. super duper rich.. just the way Mark likes them. (It probably does nothing but contribute another few inches to my expanding waistline, but oh well, it's my champion's birthday and I think I get to indulge!). We ended up paying more than what I'd budgeted for cos Mark was being the usual pain in the a** by going "Ohh, I want this".. "Let's add that".. "Let's get a bigger one".. etc.

Mark and I sort of got to design the cake from scratch. Bearing in mind that neither of us are artistic or have a creative flair, it caught us unaware as I thought I could simply pick out a design from the catalogue of over 1000 cake designs for various occasions.  Anyway we did what any good parents have to do and designed our little boy's cake to the best of our ability. I am crossing my hands/legs/fingers/toes/eyes that it turns out nice and we don't ruin our son's first birthday cake!! The scariest thing is we will only find out on the day itself.. (which is another scary thought cos in case it turns out to be a disaster, I won't have any time to run out and buy a replacement).


No comments: