Sunday, October 21, 2012

9th Year of Wedded Bliss!!


My love and I celebrate our 9th year of wedded bliss today! We have dated for 14 years and been married for 9 of those years. Seems like a rather long time, and I hope we will be able to spend the rest of our lives together (feeling somewhat worried because I have too many friends in my age group who have either gone through divorce or in the midst of a divorce..). 

Like any couple out there, Mark and I do not have a perfect marriage but I know we both make an effort to make things work. We do have our share of petty quarrels, times when we get pissed and annoyed with each other, maybe even the occasional 'cold war' (though our cold wars are never overnight cos I read it in some book that we must not go to bed with a quarrel unsettled and I have followed it religiously since). 

Like any 2 individual and unique human beings, we also argue over mundane everyday stuff like how he likes to squeeze the toothpaste from the top (I do it from the bottom.. anyway to resolve this, we each have our own toothpaste now), how he doesn't refill our shared water tumblers in the fridge and when I want to drink from it, there is hardly any left (resolution: 3 tumblers instead of 1).. the list goes on.. Very small, petty matters but we did have some 'constructive' arguments over it.

What I also know is that Mark and I went through some really rough patches during the period we were trying to expand our family. This period, although very dark and gloomy, helped to cement our relationship in a way that we now have this invisible bond that binds us to each other. I am in a way, thankful to our Angels for teaching us this very valuable lesson, although the cost is too dear. It made me realize that no matter what happens in the outside world, I will always have the love and support of my husband. This to me, means more than anything in the world.

*******************************************

You brought laughter into my life, at a time when all was bleak and there wasn’t anything worth smiling about;
You made me feel loved, at the time when even I found it hard to love myself;
You were my pillar of strength and my very own ‘one-man cheerleading
squad’, whenever I needed support and encouragement;
You made me a better person and completed my life, simply by being my
husband, my best friend and the father of my son.
As we grow old together, as we continue to change with age, there is one thing that will never change.
I will always keep falling in love with you... Again and again…
❤ Happy 9th Year Anniversary ❤

*******************************************

No comments: