Monday, October 15, 2012

Little Bun is ONE Year Old!!


The last 3 weeks that I have spent planning and organizing little bun's birthday party was all over in a flash yesterday. We invited a small(ish) group of family and close friends over to celebrate little bun's 1st birthday with us in advance since the actual day falls on a weekday. Mark and I have taken the day off on this Thur to spend the day with our birthday boy.

Mark and I (little bun too) were totally/ utterly knackered by the time the party was over, but it was really fun and worth every bit of the tiredness. 4 years ago after I lost Lucas, I would never imagine that there'd be a day I'd be celebrating the 1st birthday of my own child. Things got even bleaker after I lost Chloe and I subsequently had to struggle for a long time with my (lack of) fertility. Having a child seem to be the most impossible thing ever... let alone celebrating his first birthday. 

So yesterday was like a dream come true... a miracle has happened and my precious little boy has been with us for one year! Such an amazing and wondrous feeling.. rather surreal too. Have you ever had a dream and then find yourself in a real-life situation that is exactly like what happened in the dream? That was how I felt like yesterday.


Door decoration to welcome our guests!

(these are designed and handmade by yours truly)





Birthday boy was confused by all the activities and new faces

Checking things out

Playing happy with bubbles!!

Mark and little bun in matching outfits! 
(Tweedle-dee & Tweedle-dum??)

Happy Family!!

Love this pic of my cheeky bun...

Little bun's birthday cake/cupcake
(theme of the day was blue & yellow)





No comments: