Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Other Half



I was too busy to blog during the week due to work, and the weekend was even busier with Mark's birthday celebration that spans over 2 days. I didn't have time to get him any birthday present, instead, I took him for a nice stay in a hotel. The extra 'bonus' was that as it coincided with the National Day rehearsals, we were lucky to be able to catch the fireworks display right in front of our room balcony!!



We had a sumptuous dinner in the room... complete with foie gras, wagyu beef!!



The hotel also has the loveliest flowers... one of my favourites in fact... Hydrangeas!!! I didn't know they came in white, and I think they are gorgeous, simple and understated. I told Mark that these are the flowers that I'd like to be used at my funeral. Seriously.




* * * * * * * * *


It was an 'almost perfect' weekend/ birthday celebration according to Mark... It'd be perfect only if we were celebrating as a family rather than as a couple.








No comments: