Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yet another set of Proud Parents, but it isn't us (again)


Babies are popping out everywhere... seems like everyone is having a baby except me. To others, getting pregnant and having a baby is a fun, enjoyable, rewarding and fruitful journey... For me, it is a journey filled with sadness, heartache, tears and painful loss. I simply cannot understand why this path had been made so difficult for me. Hello, what is it that I have done wrong?? I am sorry ok??

One of our friends from our Uni days in Melbourne became the proud daddy of a baby girl a few days back. His baby is so adorable, like most babies are. It's so amazing how a baby can take on the features of both parents and become a 'unique' individual... I find that so utterly mind-blowing. I can still remember Mark and I attended this friend's wedding 3 years ago. How come everyone who got married after us have now become parents and Mark and I are still childless? I can assure you that it certainly wasn't due to the lack of trying on our part.

I wonder how the next few months will be like for me... just received the good (??) news that we have retained one of my clients that went out to bid last year. On one hand, I am happy that I still have a job and the revenue that this client will bring to the company is substantial, but on the other hand, I am apprehensive of the massive amount of work that is to be done in the next 6 months or more. Hopefully business trips will be kept to a bare minimum too... How very ironic that I am in the corporate travel industry but yet I hate travelling for business so much!

More importantly, I hope the extra work and stress will not have any adverse impact on my conception plans. Right now, nothing matters to me more than my baby quest, and anything else will just play second fiddle to it.

No comments: