Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Envy...


I thought I would be able to handle it better... the keyword here is 'thought'. Well, apparently not and I am pissing myself off big time. I went into the office today to collect a contract and also run some errands (i.e. buy Hershey's food)... While in the office, I was walking over to another colleague's desk when I saw a consultant who work in one of my teams. She's pregnant.

I do know all these while that she is pregnant, but I guess since I have not been in the office for a while, I was surprised to see her burgeoning tummy. She must be around 5 or 6 months along now... Anway it stopped me in my tracks. I did a U-turn and immediately retraced my steps back to the safe cocoon of my office. I still can recall that she had invited me to her wedding some 2 years back... **Sigh** I got married way before her and look, here she is, soon to be a mom, and there I am, empty-handed.

I know that 'envy' is one of the seven deadly sins, but I really cannot help myself from being so green with envy at another woman's good fortune. I am sure this won't be the last time I become consumed by the green eyed monster too.






No comments: