Monday, July 8, 2013

Bruised Bun

Poor little bun fell off his tricycle... while the impact of fall wasn't bad, he scrapped and bruised his forehead. Of course it resulted in a brawling episode (him) and someone fluttering around like a hysterical chicken without a head (me) trying to assess his injury/ clean his wound/ calm him down, etc. 

Trying REAL hard to remind myself not to be an over-protective/ paranoid mom, but it is REALLY hard. I know all kids are prone to falls/ bruises/ scrapes and what not, and I cannot and should not be over protective of him or else he'd end up a mummy's boy, but I REALLY want to wrap him up in bubble wrap and keep him close to me where I can always protect and watch over him.

Okayyyyy.. Fine, I know it was just a superficial wound that'd heal up in no time, but he IS my precious. 

Sigh....

Good thing Mark is here to keep the balance and keep me sane. (Deep down, I think it pained Mark as much as it pained me too, but in order to keep me sane, he acted really calm about the whole thing.)


No comments: