Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Confessions of the 'Perfect' Wife


On Saturday, Mark caught me unaware by asking me if I knew how long we've been married for. To be honest, I hadn't thought about it at all but a quick calculation told me that this is is our 10th wedded year! Ahhhh... 10 years of being 'Mrs Lee'. 

A friend very recently commented that ours is a 'match made in heaven'.. I don't dare to admit or take any credit for that. Not because I am trying to be modest, but because this couldn't be further from the truth. The only difference is that both Mark and I are willing to overlook and/or work through all the imperfections to make it work. I cannot stress on how important it is to 'agree to disagree', and the other rule that I swear by is to never go to bed with a quarrel unsettled. 

While our marriage may be faaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect, it is the imperfections that make the whole journey more exciting. It is how Mark has been putting up with my imperfections that made me realize just how much he loves me and is willing to put up with me (or maybe he is already become immune to it??). Our shared experiences also proved to me that this is the guy who quietly stood by me through thick and thin, ups and downs, highs and lows... As I have always said, I am blessed with a 'one man cheer leading squad'. 

I certainly hope I am as good a wife to him as he is a husband to me. Other than my OCD in wanting certain things to be done my way, my quick temper, my hot temper (it has mellowed down a lot.. REALLY), my nagging (not my fault, women are programmed this way), my forgetfulness (I have become more forgetful after each pregnancy.. I don't know the link but I swear I USED to have the memory of an elephant until the boys came along.. I'd be glad I can remember my husband's name these days!), my recent obsession with my newly curled hair (LOL!!), I think I am as close to a perfect wife that anyone can ask for.

Just did a quick google and apparently, the traditional 10 year wedding anniversary gift is one of tin or aluminium (WTF???). Ummm.. darling, if you are reading this, maybe you can get me....ehhh... an aluminium pot??! 

No comments: