Tuesday, January 31, 2012


I have a friend/ex-colleague who was trying to conceive her second child around the same time I started my fertility treatments for little bun. Her firstborn was also conceived via IVF and now that he is old enough, he asked her for a little sibling. Both she and her husband were also very keen to grow their family. She and I went to the same clinic and thus was able to share a lot of information. There were even times when we went for our appointments together. During the times when Mark was overseas and not able to administer my daily FSH injections, she would administer them for me in the office. We were 'sub-fertility buddies' in a way and enouraged and supported each other a lot along the way.

In her case, her doctor recommended her to proceed directly to IVF and she went through a few failed cycles and took some breaks in between due to work commitments. I caught up with her over lunch not long ago and she told me she'd going for another cycle in 3 days time. She had decided that it'd be be her last attempt, regardless if she succeeds or not cos it was simply to taxing emotionally and financially.

After an anxious 2 week wait, she texted me today to let me know that she's pregnant.. and with TWINS!!! I am so freaking happy for her.. (if I were a dog, I will be doing zoomies around the house)! Little bun has 2 new playmates!!

No comments: