Monday, December 24, 2012

Little Bun #2 (Part II)


Dr Anu has been keeping an eagle eye on me (my cervical length to be exact) from the start of the pregnancy because of what happened during my last pregnancy with little bun. As expected, my cervix started shortening rather suddenly and quickly during the last scan and Dr Anu called for an immediate cerclage the following morning (!!!).

Although I have gone through it not too long ago when I was expecting little bun, I was still a bit worried about the surgery and it's associated risks. Anyway a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Just have to bite the bullet and go with the flow.. if I can do it once, I am sure I can do it once more!!! 

So yup, I have just done the cerclage and stayed 3 nights in hospital. When the GA was wearing out while I was still in the recovery room, the cramping/ contractions was horrendous (much worse than the previous time from my memory) and the doctor had to give me an injection of painkiller. Oh yes, before I forget, the anaesthetist who did the GA for me must have a great dislike for me... I was jabbed 3 (freaking) times before he managed to insert the needle/plug. I am still badly bruised at those 'failed sites' and it hurt like crazy!! I swear he hit my bone.. seriously.  

I missed my lttle bun like crazy during those few nights where I couldn't sleep beside him. So glad to be back home finally, but for the next few weeks, it's bed-rest for me. 


No comments: